5.22.2006

Riding the Infertility Roller Coaster

"Riding the Infertility Roller Coaster: A Guide to Educate and Inspire"
by Iris Waichler

Found this great book yesterday at Borders and I just had to share it with you! And here I thought I was the only one in crisis! It's a great great book that addresses all aspects of infertility. I especially enjoyed hearing from the husbands. Mine has been beyond supportive throughout our 6 year journey.

It is very difficult for those of us who have no family or friends who have delt with infertility. It makes one feel very isolated, not to mention the failure factor. This book really helps fill that void. We are not alone. Others feel and have felt the same way and there is hope.

Another thing that I wish I'd learned a few years ago, and Waichler talks about in her book is you MUST click with your doctor. If it doesn't feel right, move on, find another. I was thinking of this in terms of any doc, not just RE or OB. I recently went to a neurologist for migraines. He asked how many I'd had. I said 18 in the past year. He told me to consider myself lucky, some people have 18 in a month. Well, I don't consider myself lucky ad I frequently end up in the ER from my migraines. And I am me, please don't compare me to another patient.

Six years ago when my husband and I decided it was time to get pregnant, we saw a midwife who told me I didn't have PCOS, she was one of many. She also told me that since I'd obviously already eaten for two, I should not gain any weight while pregnant. You guessed it, we never saw her again.

Clicking with you doc is very important.

And it never occurred to me that I would not continue to see my RE throughtout a pregnancy. Thanks to Waichler for pointing that out.

Basically, I cannot say enough good stuff about this book. Buy it. Post your comment here.

You are not alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home